Protect Your Law Firm From Cyber Criminals and Save Millions
With the latest decision from the Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg that has Africa’s largest law firm being ordered to pay to the sound of R5,5 million to a former client, it has become even more important to protect your financial documents against cyber criminals.
We have developed a secure way for delivering your accounts to your clients, protecting your invoices from cyber criminals who want to intercept emails and change their banking details on invoices and statements.
Practice Manager Pro, offers an online portal for self-service invoice and statement collection.
Here are ways our technology protects your law firm from cyber criminals:
- You can customize your portal to your own corporate identity;
- Obtain a notification for the collection of documents delivered via a link each month;
- OTP (One-time Password) required at login;
- Historical documents remain available for easy and secure access.
RELATED ARTICLE: Robot lawyer to represent defendant in court for the first time ever
Here are 10 steps you can take to protect your law firm against cyber criminals:
- Use strong, unique passwords on email accounts
- Enable two-factor authentication for added security
- Ensure that your software is kept up to date with the latest security patches and updates
- Train your staff on the importance of cybersecurity and how to identify and avoid potential threats and cyber criminals
- Limit access to sensitive information and use encryption when sending sensitive data
- Regularly backup all-important data to protect against data loss in case of a security breach
- Have an incident response plan in place to quickly identify and respond to a security breach
- Consider using a security audit and penetration testing services to evaluate your systems for vulnerabilities
- Implement a monitoring system to detect any suspicious activities and respond quickly
- Consider adding a professional liability insurance to cover any potential financial losses due
If you want to take your firm’s security seriously, see our portal in action by booking a demo as soon as possible. Simply follow this link BOOK A DEMO, call us on +27 11 719 2000 or email us on in**@le***********.com.